Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Left my washing in the launderette

My laundromat is full of wonders for the young and old. It's got video games, a thumping jukebox, vending machines for soda, candy, and ice cream. Yesterday there was even a slightly wary cat weaving in and out of bags of clean laundry, playing with an enthralled brother and sister. And of course it's full of washers and dryers aplenty, full of all sorts of people's laundry including, every week or so, my own.

Well, a little less full than I wish it was. How often do you lose socks? Me, it seems like every single time I go to the laundromat, one goes missing. Sometimes more. I look through the washers and the dryers and on the floor and in my backpack and back at my house to no avail. I wind up partnering the missing socks with each other--I have a nice purple-and-green set now, one striped, one argyle. Does this happen to you, or am I particularly laundry lucky?

2 comments:

  1. I always make sure that an even number of each type of sock goes into the laundry. Well, except for plain white socks, which I don't care about. Oddly, I do care about black socks, and I have (and wear) more of those than anything else. Anywho, I really don't lose socks, but laundry is in the basement, so I probably don't count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I s'pose it's a problem that all my socks are different. (Well, most of them are argyles, but different argyles.) I think if I did laundry in the basement I would probably still manage to lose socks.

    ReplyDelete